FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:36 pm
VisaW

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by CALMSP
are these "destination amenities" the same free amenities many of us receive for being Gold/Platinum members?
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
So, actually none of that "free" stuff in each guest room (junk food snacks, flip-flops) are "free." They're paid for by the $25 amenity fee.

In my opinion, this is outrageous given that this amenity fee is a resort fee in all but name. I would have less problem calling it a resort fee, though the property isn't a resort. The pool, which can only accomodate maybe a dozen guests, barely gets any sun.

I would encourage everyone who has considered a stay here but decided against staying to write Marriott -- someone posted the email address earlier -- because the management of this hotel is hurting Marriott and the Autograph Collection.
Fair points, as are the others further up in this post. I plan on writing to Marriott as well because the $25 charge is unwarranted. That said, I'd argue against the idea that management is hurting the Marriott name. This is a pretty nice hotel and perfectly representative of the boutique nature of Autograph properties. Yes, the amenity/resort fee is crap, but the property itself doesn't hurt the brand.

IMO, I'd still rather stay here than some cultureless Sheraton or Marriott Resort.