FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgraded but recieved "We are not yet able to confirm your request ..." message ???
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:17 am
iapetus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Strange Upgrade Status Update from UA

So, I thought that this Upgrade Status Update e-mail that I received from United yesterday was a little weird. And I just thought I would share:

We are not yet able to confirm your request for an upgrade on your flight from San Antonio, TX, US (SAT) to Houston, TX, US (IAH - Intercontinental). While your upgrade request will no longer appear in your reservation, you will automatically be added to the upgrade standby list after you complete check-in and receive your boarding pass for this flight. Check in now

Rest assured that your position on the upgrade standby list will be preserved, even during the period before you check in and are added to the lists shown online and at the airport.

After checking in, use the United mobile app or go to united.com/info to view real-time upgrade standby lists.
Nothing too strange there, even though I've never received such an e-mail. No, the odd part is that I already have a confirmed seat in F on that flight!

Has anyone ever seen something like this? Any thoughts on what happened? Note that this is the first stop of a two-flight itinerary. And I called UA to ask that an RPU be applied to the second flight; I believe that I got the SAT-IAH upgrade as a UDU. Perhaps that really confused the system? Only I still see the upgrade request for flight #2 .