FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Lufthansa the most overrated airline out there?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:38 am
denhaagflyer

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Originally Posted by motty
Sorry you believe that's contradictory information, however, here is a little clarification of the perceived contradictions. I used to fly UA on their coffin configurations which although "lie-flat" in theory, were one of the most uncomfortable business seats ever. I swore those seats off and in my opinion Lufthansa seats are very similar. If compared to the old UA (ex CO) seats and certainly the new Polaris seats, all staggered configs (like LX) and other carriers - these seats are the worst. In my opinion these can't be considered as "lie-flat", since that standard has evolved. In some configs LH has a 2-3-2 setup, not fun to be in the middles seat.

As far as security, when making connection (like most of us need to do) - this can be a deciding factor for connecting hub. With so many incidents and delays that I had with other colleagues, connecting through FRA and MUC is a nightmare, hence - it certainly influences the overall carrier experience for LH. I also connected and originated in many US and European airports and also out of TLV (originated). FRA and MUC were certainly the worse. LH does have control over their security and could weigh in and dedicate more resources to improve this experience.
Sorry, but some of this still does not make sense. LH used to have angled flat and then moved to lie-flat. There are different types of lie-flat and the LH version is certainly towards the bottom of my preferences, but it is lie-flat - if you use your own categorisation, maybe you should include it.

I understand your frustration with FRA, but MUC? Coming from the U.S. or Canada, you do not even go through security when connecting!! Compare this to LHR where every pax connecting from outside UK/IRL has to be screened again. And as others have said, LH does not really have control over security (how would you otherwise explain the differences between FRA and MUC?).

On food, I would rate interconti J somewhat above average, though not really top either. Definitely better than BA.