FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Lufthansa the most overrated airline out there?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:51 am
HighTechVet
formerl motty

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, VS Gold, Hertz Pres. Circ, Avis Pres Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thbe
Well, there were some obvious contradictions in your post.

You've said, that LH is the only airline, which is not providing trully flat seats. That is false.

You blame LH for the security checks at German airports. It's already funny, if an US citizen complain about security checks at airports of other countries, but to blame an airline for that is just wrong. Just ask for the difference between UA and TSA. It's the same difference between LH and Bundespolizei.

At LH food is average. I agree with that. But how can something rated average make something well below par?

Yes, inter European routes are served with coached seats in business. As all airlines do in Europe. There are a very very few exeptions with wide-body jets, including LH. I fly often businnes within Europe and believe me, LH is above average at that point.
Sorry you believe that's contradictory information, however, here is a little clarification of the perceived contradictions. I used to fly UA on their coffin configurations which although "lie-flat" in theory, were one of the most uncomfortable business seats ever. I swore those seats off and in my opinion Lufthansa seats are very similar. If compared to the old UA (ex CO) seats and certainly the new Polaris seats, all staggered configs (like LX) and other carriers - these seats are the worst. In my opinion these can't be considered as "lie-flat", since that standard has evolved. In some configs LH has a 2-3-2 setup, not fun to be in the middles seat.

As far as security, when making connection (like most of us need to do) - this can be a deciding factor for connecting hub. With so many incidents and delays that I had with other colleagues, connecting through FRA and MUC is a nightmare, hence - it certainly influences the overall carrier experience for LH. I also connected and originated in many US and European airports and also out of TLV (originated). FRA and MUC were certainly the worse. LH does have control over their security and could weigh in and dedicate more resources to improve this experience.