FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay-with-Points flights. BUSINESS Centurion 50% refund, Plat 35%, Gold 25% (2015-23)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:21 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Question about 50% grandfathered rebate .... lets say your card annual fee on November 1st, so your grandfathers 50% rebate drops down to 35% after that.

Now, do you have to just book before November 1st to get the grandfathered points, do do you have to leave enough time (31 days) so that the points actually post before November 1st also (effectively making your grandfathered clause ~10 months instead of a full year).

I'm nearing my annual date and need to know, and when calling different amex agents are giving different answers (or simply don't even know about the 50% grandfathered clause, or are clearly reading standard boilerplate off a screen about the 35% bonus).

Has anyone already gone over their grandfathered timeframe and has datapoints?

Btw, to the person asking about cancelling card before rebate posts - you won't get the rebate if you cancel the card for sure. T&C say that card must be active.
Same situation, and I just got an e-mail from Amex telling me to the day my "drop dead" date for the 50% rebate. So I'm convinced as long as we book/pay by that date, we'll get the full 50% back.