FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:38 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Thanks for breaking it down for me, I appreciate it! I guess I need to start looking elsewhere to get to/from the ME in J or better. QR is out because of the blockade.

So much for hoarding AA miles. Bleh.

Well I do have AS, SPG, UR ... but for whatever reason I've forgotten how to book complicated awards, maybe it's just been too long. And I know I'll hit many dead-ends trying to find premium cabin award availability for 5 seats.

Maybe an award-booking-service consultation is in order. @:-)
Yeah, a drag for many of us. EY premium travel was probably the most reliable high quality option for using AA award miles, and now it seems to be gone (though again, stay tuned here just in case...). Part of the general deterioration in the Aadvantage program.

FWIW, it seems like redeeming AA miles for non-USA travel on EY is still an option, though I haven't checked into that carefully and of course you'd still need to get to LHR, CDG, wherever.

Going off-topic, but I've found awardnexus.com a good site for quickly finding award availability across many airlines, and it offers some initial free use to FT members. But whether it's worth the time to search and book on your own as opposed to just going with an award booking service is another matter...especially if you're seeking five seats!