FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Superb crew LHR to MSY 9th September
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:53 pm
SaraJH

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Superb crew LHR to MSY 9th September

Late posting this but if any of the crew that are on this forum were on the above flight and were serving the J cabin, please can I say thanks and that it was one of my best flights with BA.

Hubby was selected for additional screening during the boarding process so I strolled ahead and settled myself into 3K, hubby took an age to arrive and eventually settled into 3A.

Whilst PDBs were being served my lovely cabin crew lady (sorry name forgotten) asked me whether I would consider moving to accommodate 2 other travellers who were seated apart. 3J was unoccupied hence if I moved 2 seats together would be available. She made it clear that saying no was a perfectly acceptable response. I politely declined the move explaining that I wanted to keep my window seat with direct aisle access, she completely understood and was delightful during the conversation.

All the cabin crew were interested to know why hubby and I were seated in A and K, given the free seat next to me. I explained that we're both wanted window seats with direct aisle access etc etc and also that we both work together for the same company and that we were glad of the temporary separation lol! They found that very funny!

A while later I asked whether hubby could occupy 3J for the meal service and the response was a resounding 'of course'. We had a fabulous meal service and then hubby disappeared for his own time I.e. Sleep.

I slept and then spent some time in the galley chatting to the crew, they were sooo nice and enthusiastic about the new route and the time they would get to spend in New Orleans, we almost arranged a meet up in the French Quarter the next evening lol. We spoke about the new safety video, apparently it's gone down well with most passengers and then they topped up my wine and I wandered back to my seat for the rest of the flight.

When we landed at MSY it took ages to get the door opened, some problem with the walkway, and so more conversation was had.

Eventually, I walked off and trotted down to immigration thinking that that was one of the best flights that I've ever taken.

Thank you to the fantastic cabin crew, you absolutely made that flight for me, it couldn't have been better and was just the start to my holiday that I needed.

I'm gutted that I didn't get everyone's names as I would certainly be sending BA a thank you for the service received.

Apologies for the long post but I wanted to post a positive BA flight experience.

P.S. I had 3E on the inbound and despite having to face two strangers before takeoff I absolutely loved this seat. It has a small storage space for water bottles etc., wider seat area and direct aisle access to either side of the aircraft. It's sooo private as well, I got a good 6 hours sleep which is just what I wanted with a long drive home at the other end.