FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best calendar for joint Apple/Android family?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:01 am
Ditto

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I say this as a Google person. Apple's privacy policy is indeed better than Google's. (By much? Perhaps not. But it is better.) I'm sure Yahoo!'s is great considering it was probably written in the 1980s before data mining was a reality! And I'm sure Amazon's is on par with Google.
I really doubt Yahoo haven't updated their privacy policy since the 1980s, what makes you say that Apple privacy policy is better than Google?

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Based on fairly extensive research, yes, I do.

Have you ever read Google's policy? Or researched what public interest groups say about them?

One example: both of us have very old (in internet years) Yahoo accounts. Back then you had to provide minimal personal information to get an email account. I was helping someone set up an Android phone with gmail recently and it is not possible to do so without providing about 10x the info required for our Yahoo accounts.
I have not done an extensive research into the privacy policy, no, I think privacy is long gone considering I have a Facebook account, a Linkedin account etc. etc., further comparing what was required 10 (or more?) years ago to open an account to what is required today is a bit irrelevant.

You also can't quite compare an e-mail only account to a google account registered with your andriod phone which provides much more, though I had a quick look, if I try to create a gmail account or a yahoo e-mail account, yahoo requires me to provide a phone number, while gmail doesn't...