FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Replace MacBook Air battery -v- Replace Computer
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:31 pm
LtKernelPanic

Originally Posted by mvtm
That is so heavy! I say if you can try to go with a 13" MBP new model. Probably the entry touchbar with the better processor. They will be smaller than your 15" so more portable, weigh less and be able to do some work. 2011 is a bit too old.

I have a 2012 11" MBA with 50% of the battery capacity. It has 2,149 Cycles and i still works perfectly fine. I use my computer too much so will buy a 2017 15" top of the line this year. What a change!
You're right it is really heavy at times. I normally carry it and my other small electronics in a backpack when I travel but this past trip I took a lot more camera gear with me to the Grand Canyon and had to use my small duffle bag as my carry on instead. That sucker was heavy! I usually buy Apple factory refurbs to save a couple hundred bucks but getting a new machine just instant in the budget this year.

While I really like the 15" screens with a retina display I may be able to get by with a 13" MBP or even one of the new MacBooks. Have to take a closer look at them when I'm finally ready to buy.