FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separate ticketing / PNR: AA, oneworld, through baggage & protection issues > 2016
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:11 pm
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HAF
I just realized that I won't be able to interline from AA to LATAM at LAX - (my ticket LAX-LIM-LAX was ticketed a while ago as part of a package tour) and I thought since both airlines are oneworld i thought i should be able to check my luggage through SFO-LAX_LIM-LAX-SFO AA/LA; however per this thread seems I will not (AA confirmed on the phone as well) even though there seems to be some protection for rebooking in case of IRROPS.

Since Alaska/Virgin interline with LATAM (shame on oneworld!) - i am planning to book the outbound through them - so I do not have to deal with schlepping luggage through LAX - however what is your advice on the return? Since I will have to pick up and get through custom's is it relatively easy to drop off at AA after customs, same as when on same ticket? Or would I have to go out and back to the domestic terminal to drop my luggage at the domestic counter? Or should I just also do Alaska/Virgin on the return?

Why would even Oneworld be called an Alliance if they can not check luggage through each other?

-HAF
I doubt that Alaska/Virgin will interline to LATAM on separate tickets.