FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:12 am
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by pinniped
I almost feel silly asking this, but I've never actually flown an int'l-to-int'l PNR connecting in the U.S.

If I fly HYD-DXB-BOS-YYZ, do I need to walk my checked bag through customs at BOS and recheck it? Or does the bag go straight to the BOS-YYZ flight?

I know *I* need to go through immigration and customs, but does the checked bag?

All one EK ticket, with the final flight being a Westjet-operated codeshare.

I've done googling and can't find a definitive answer. Most answers address int'l-to-domestic, which I've done 100+ times and you obviously *do* retrieve your bag and carry it through customs before handing it back to the airline on the other side.
This article on OMAAT may be of some assistance. You will have to transfer from Terminal E to Terminal A and according to the article, you would have to clear immigration and customs with your baggage but not sure how up to date the article is.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ion-procedure/

Hope me this is of some help.

S