FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which IC in French Polynesia?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:13 pm
flighton

Originally Posted by Troopers
I'm stoked! Just booked my missing award night in the FP. Going for a week next Mar/Apr. One helluva of a spring break for the kids.

2 nights at Le Moana followed by 4 nights at Thalasso.

ETA: reserved a night at IC Tahiti for the morning flight back to LAX.

That sounds like an awesome combination! We stayed 3 nights at Thalasso and 3 nights at Le Moana. Make sure you take floats for the kids to relax in the lagoon (and at Matira Beach), my wife and I loved it. I was on a honeymoon which is way different than a family vacation obviously. But we preferred Thalasso so much more that we even went back by paying for a half-day spa and stayed at the motu all day during one of our Le Moana nights.

Thalasso is far superior in terms of level of service, view (Otemanu), and tranquility. Le Moana is better for a "lively" atmosphere and convenience to less expensive food. We did not get bored at either location since there are countless excursions you can do in the lagoon and around the island that will pick you up straight from the hotel docks. The overwater bungalow at Thalasso was amazing and we ended up in two units (#219 and #226 ) due to our desire for upgrades but were limited since the hotel was fully booked. The beach bungalow at Le Moana was spacious and fun, but the resort is more compact so there felt like less privacy there.

At Thalasso you can snorkel in the lagoonarium, feed sting rays, relax at pool, kayak/paddle board, feed fish, go to tide pools at the ocean side, etc.

At Le Moana there is a smaller pool, not much place for swimming in the lagoon, so I would suggest doing island excursions on those days or spending your time at Matira Beach. Nice thing is you will have access to a 10 minute walk for groceries that you can pack over to Thalasso.

I could talk about it all day since we had such an awesome trip, but let me know if you have specific questions. Bora Bora is a beautiful place!