FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts Thread 2017
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:00 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Vaterland
That is, indeed, a very admirable butt.

In terms of laundry, I must admit to being a sucker. When traveling, I do not want to wake up and immediately have to worry about gathering the dirty clothes together and finding some reasonably priced laundry. Nor do I relish spending time washing underwear in a sink. I am quite content (lazy?) to pay $7 to have the hotel wash my $2 pair of Jockey briefs. Besides, I like the grand presentation associated with the return of the now-clean clothes: everything folded so beautifully, tucked away in a wicker basket with a lovely orchid placed on top.

Please don't misunderstand: I'm with you!

While my husband was washing and drying his own laundry, I used the Amansara laundry service and didn't think twice. I did the same at Amanbagh. My feeling is that if I want laundry done on holiday, I want it done right (and with assurances in case it isn't done right). If I don't mind paying exorbitant rates for the Aman in the first place, I find it laughable to mind paying exorbitant rates for the rare and small amount of laundry I may occasionally need.

I also typically fly with only a carry-on bag. So I know I might have to do laundry (especially underwear) at some point. Cost of doing business...and for traveling light. #badgay