FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-DC} (no longer Honors)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:07 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
I disagree that this location is not good for a tourist in DC. I travel to DC frequently for pleasure and work. The property is a short walk to the White House and Mall.

There are a number of restaurants I've been to on 14 between N and U Street. Barcelona is one of my favorite places in DC. Ive eaten at 10 or so restaurants along the strip. And I'm someone that is very familiar with this area prior to its revitalization.

This property is a good base to get to Dupont, G-Town, U Street, or the Mall.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Lol, always hilarious to hear people who don't know a town review properties. 14th Street; what could possibly be going on there?

Darcy is probably the best-located Hilton property in D.C. and that's not actually subjective - take a look at the map, it's literally on the central axis of the design layout, and equidistant from the hottest neighborhoods.

Just to be clear though - I'm definitely not forgiving them for their poor breakfast. But as someone who has lived in D.C. for close to 10 years, for $125/night, take it!
My actual phrase was "not the best" for touring DC, I didn't say it was a bad location. I think the Grand Hyatt, located literally on top of a major Metro station and a far shorter walk to the Mall, is a superiorly located hotel.