FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OneWorld lounge access - frustrating response from Malaysia Airlines
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:10 am
wolf72
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by simpletastes
Thanks ajeloenard, I would like to access the first class section in the satelite lounge (as I believe is my entitlement under oneworld lounge access rules). My BA flight arrives there. I have a 4-5 hour layover. I am familiar with KLIA lounges.

The discussion we are having here exactly illustrates why I wanted written confirmation - I don't want them to send me to the Business class lounge in the international satellite terminal or the mixed lounge in the domestic terminal.
1) The BA flight lands on the international sat terminal. The First and Business class lounges for international flights is in the same terminal.

2) The regional golden lounge is accessible from the international sat terminal by taking the monorail to the main terminal..getting out of the train and turning RIGHT 30 meters. Look for the set of escalators going up to your 2 o'clock.

3) The domestic golden lounge is one level down from the regional lounge in the main terminal but you need to pass through immigration counters for transit passengers and a security check before you proceed to your domestic gate in the main terminal.

Not sure where you are flying to for your connecting flight but if it is domestic, be aware, that immigration line can be VERY VERY long if you are not careful for the transit immigration desk during peak hours which may require a 20-40 minute wait sometimes.

Other times, its a 2-5 minute wait and a breeze through both immigration and the security check.