FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OneWorld lounge access - frustrating response from Malaysia Airlines
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:13 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For MAS at KLIA there is a domestic lounge in the semi-separate area for domestic departures. When you come off the BA service then you should have access to the MAS First Lounge in the Satellite - much better than the domestic Golden Lounge, but it sure ain't CCR - but you then have to get over to the other building and clear passport control along the way. So personally I would go directly over to the domestic wing of KLIA to ensure I could make the next flight. Moreover I strongly suspect that at the First lounge in the Satellite they would urge you to do the same.

But yes, there isn't much point emailing a question like this to an airline if you have access to Flyertalk, rightly or wrongly. The person answering your email may never have been on an aircraft in their life, whereas you have people on FT who can tell you the carpet tile manufacturer in some of these lounges. Moreover if the email came back with either a wrong or right answer it's not going to get you past a lounge agent standing their ground.