FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-DC} (no longer Honors)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:36 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - September 9 - 10

Location: The hotel is located on Rhode Island Avenue NW between 15th and 16th Streets in an area between Du Pont and Logan Circles. The Farragut North Metro Station is a 10 minute walk away and Union Station is an $8 Uber ride. There isn't much in the immediate vicinity, but walking to 14th Street brings one to a vibrant neighborhood with a number of local bars and restaurants.

My rate was $125 with the AAA rate and my feelings are mixed. The location is not the best for touring DC (I was in for a Nats game) and the Diamond breakfast amenity is pitiful but the rooms are really nice.
I disagree that this location is not good for a tourist in DC. I travel to DC frequently for pleasure and work. The property is a short walk to the White House and Mall.

There are a number of restaurants I've been to on 14 between N and U Street. Barcelona is one of my favorite places in DC. Ive eaten at 10 or so restaurants along the strip. And I'm someone that is very familiar with this area prior to its revitalization.

This property is a good base to get to Dupont, G-Town, U Street, or the Mall.