FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Track My Bag - UA's bag tracking app
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:00 pm
villox

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by azepine00
Hmmm lets say you notice mid-flight that your bags are heading in the opposite direction, or as doors close you see that your bag is not loaded..
there is almost nothing you can do other than stressing out for hours... plus i bet there will be people freaking out and disrupting departure..
having a tracker probably doesnt improve actual bag handling percentages however if it includes directions on what to do in case of this ooops that should save some time on arrival...
i d make this info available only at or right before scheduled arrival time..
I really can't believe how many people are arguing that they'd rather have less information than more. The other airlines have this already and I haven't heard of these supposed freakouts disrupting flights.

I ALWAYS want to have more information about my travel especially when it is disrupted. Same reason I always look at the inbound flight to anticipate whether there will be a delay. There's lots of examples I can come up with in which I could do something about it if I knew my bag didn't make the flight, especially in the modern world in which I generally have internet access on my flight.

- If the bag is on the next flight coming in an hour later, I might decide to stick around and wait. Perhaps I send a text message to my ride telling them to show up later
- I might look up where on the way from the airport to hotel I could stop off to do some shopping. Or if I'm visiting family ask them to do so for me. Heck in some places I could order same day delivery online and have it waiting for me at the hotel.
- I will mentally prepare to head straight to the baggage service office in case there is a problem filing a claim

I rarely check bags and even more rarely lose them when I do. But 100% of the time I do check bags I worry whether they've made the flight.