FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL Intra-Japan earning change?
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:25 pm
gary_nj

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I am having a very frustrating time dealing with the Mileage Plan folks regarding an international JL flight. From a few posts ago, I flew on:

JL 708, Bangkok - Narita, credited in J class. Marketed and operated by JL. I am Gold75k.

Here is what credited:

Base miles: 2887
Bonus: 3898
Total: 6785

By my calculation, I guess they figured the bonus like this:

Gold75K @ 125% = 2887 * 1.25 = 3609
10% COS bonus = 289
Total bonus of 3898

So two differences from the website: The COS bonus of 10% vs 25% and the total lack of the 100% bonus of redeemable miles.

First time I emailed, they responded by email telling me that intra-Japan flights have a 10% COS bonus and that my earnings are correct. One of my flights had been domestic, so the response helped a bit but didn't address my international flights. So I called. This agent said that the website is wrong and they would need to check and get back to me... this was on August 23. I received no response by September 8 so I called again.

This time the agent assured me that my flights had credited accurately. I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor looked at the history of the record and told me that my "request has been reviewed at the highest level of Mileage Plan and it is accurate." So I asked the supervisor to just walk me through the arithmetic of the calculation. When she did, she responded with, "Oh... I see what you mean. I'll get right on this and someone will call you very soon."

Today (six days later), I get this email from Mileage Plan:

I appreciate that you took the time to contact Alaska with regard to your travel credits with Japan Airlines. I received an very clear explanation back from our Mileage Plan team. For the Intra Japan Airlines segments, you earn 110% for your J Class segments. Again, they reviewed your travel credits and they were correctly posted to your Mileage Plan account.

Additionally, they did indicate that the web site is not clear on the explanation and submitted a request to have our web site updated.

As always, thank you for flying with us. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on another flight.

I responded that my flight has nothing to do with intra-Japan. I am baffled at this one... may I ask if any other folks are having problems getting international JL flights credited as shown on the AS website??? Thanks!