FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-DC} (no longer Honors)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:37 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CMK10
My rate was $125 with the AAA rate and my feelings are mixed. The location is not the best for touring DC (I was in for a Nats game) and the Diamond breakfast amenity is pitiful but the rooms are really nice.
An interesting report and I more or less agree, though the location was OK for me given it isn't so far from two Metro stations. My room was similar to yours, but it had a high backed easy chair on the opposite side of the room from the connecting door by the freestanding lamp. The breakfast options at least are greater with Lil'B, so my concerns there are partly assuaged. I tend to rationalise this as $125 plus small breakfast or (e.g.) $135 and large breakfast. However what I think we can say is that this hotel isn't particularly focused on getting repeat business from Diamonds, and perhaps finds the loyalty aspect something that gets in the way of their particular business model.