FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New F Seats
Thread: New F Seats
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:23 pm
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Yeah, pitch is 41" as I understand, so same as the reconfigured planes currently have. Legroom might be slightly better if the new seatback is thinner. Per the article, seat will not have a legrest, but just a fold-out footrest. Probably just a metal bar that folds down from the back of the seat in front of you. Amtrak has this style of footrest on some of the seats on their trains. I find them pretty useless.
Yes, can be seen in the second photo in the article

JAL has them in their PE seats. Sometimes it's ok, other times it's annoying. If it's like that kind, the footrest automatically locks so you have to pull it all the way up to readjust it. Anything blocking it such as a shifted underseat bag makes it more difficult and appear to be jammed.

Originally Posted by beckoa
I dread them. They always seem designed for shorter individuals, and impact leg room negatively.
I wonder about the 20-21" width in the article- is one of the seats narrower? Looks like the center console is less flush than the previous one and intrudes into the leg more. The aisle side appears to be narrower as well so more opportunity to get bumped during boarding. Not sure about the protruding head cushion that precludes a flush seat back.

The whole thing seems to be a PR piece written by a easily snowed reporter. Lots of comparison to coach seating, which is ridiculous. How does it compare to other F seats on Alaska and Alaska's competitors?

Last in the article's photo lineup:

I guess these will be fondly remembered in the future?