FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-DC} (no longer Honors)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:23 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - September 9 - 10

Location: The hotel is located on Rhode Island Avenue NW between 15th and 16th Streets in an area between Du Pont and Logan Circles. The Farragut North Metro Station is a 10 minute walk away and Union Station is an $8 Uber ride. There isn't much in the immediate vicinity, but walking to 14th Street brings one to a vibrant neighborhood with a number of local bars and restaurants.

Hotel: This was my first Curio so I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel has a nice boutique feel to it. The lobby has a large bar and restaurant, though the staff was kind of vague on closing times ("depends how busy it is" I was told). The common areas and floors have gotten some recent renovations and look really inviting. I was quite impressed by the look and feel of the hotel.

Check In: Not the best. When I arrived only one agent was on duty and she was trying to sign a guest up for HHonors which took a while. Finally someone came out of the back and they were harried and not overly friendly. I asked about any Diamond suite upgrades and it took a few minutes for the agent to figure out her system to realize that the answer was no.

Room: Definitely a high point. While small, the room is really nice with a giant comfortable bed and impressive, though small, bathroom. I liked the upgraded beddings and toiletries.

Breakfast: A major weak point. The Diamond Breakfast is a $10 coupon for room service or at Lil B Coffee Shop and Bakery next door. I got a vanilla latte and a breakfast sandwich which came to $11. There isn't much seating at the restaurant but they'll make the food to go.

My rate was $125 with the AAA rate and my feelings are mixed. The location is not the best for touring DC (I was in for a Nats game) and the Diamond breakfast amenity is pitiful but the rooms are really nice.