FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entering Colombia with UK Passport from USA.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:58 pm
coolcoil

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by tanglin
Thanks - sorry for late reply, I've been in Alaska off the grid for a week...

The US Visa site indeed states that no visa is needed. Then in the following sentence they mention you must get a visa extension if planning to stay! Very confusing.

All U.S. citizens who do not also hold Colombian citizenship must present a valid U.S. passport to enter and leave Colombia. U.S. citizens do not need a Colombian visa for a tourist or business stay of 90 days or less. Before the visa expires, you may request an extension of up to 90 days from the Colombian immigration authority

I initially checked with CIBT, the company our company uses for visas, and they said I do need a visa. (www.cibt.com).

I plan to carry both PP and use the US one if I can.
Technically, the stamp that the immigration officer puts in your passport upon arrival is your visa. They do write in a date. I am pretty sure that this applies to anybody arriving at an airport from a country that does not require a visa in hand before you get on the plane. If you plan to stay more than 90 days, then you do need to go back to the airport to get it extended.

I followed your link to CIBT, and their online system says that a visa is not required.

Last edited by coolcoil; Sep 13, 2017 at 6:06 pm