FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Summary of North America Executive class meal service
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:05 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by BankerManUSA
Hi AC folk,

I'm looking at a *A redemption on AC next week to fly the 787 YUL/YVR in C. I noted that the departure time is 20:25 on the westbound flight and AC says that a "meal" is served. Can anyone shed light on what kind of meal is served? Is this like when UA says "refreshments" on a 2hr+ flight? Ends up being some stale bread and rubbish wine...
I take this weekly.

It's drink service, a three course dinner with appetizer, your choice of four entrees, and dessert (cookies and ice cream) along with tea/coffee and after dinner liqueurs. Then there is a snack basket that comes around about an hour prior to landing.

The appetizers on the current domestics transcon menus are one of Waldorf Salad, Caesar Salad, or Niçoise Salad.

There are basically three different domestic transcon lunch/dinner menus at the moment.
I forgot specifically which menu 311 is but the main course is typically beef/lamb, chicken, fish,and pasta. The pasta is always vegetarian with cheese.

You can find various samples up thread. I will probably take this flight before you do so I can give you exact info once flown. It's specifically a 787-8 (788) with 20 J seats. (Fyi AC uses J as the moniker for business class instead of Europe C, but it's the same anyway)