FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at HNL
Thread: Cars at HNL
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:07 pm
ginmqi

Originally Posted by qs933
One benefit of the frame (and because it's a CR-V) -- you'll blend right in with the rest of traffic. Nothing screams "rental" driving down the street like a Mustang convertible.
LOL yup.

Also I noticed that this CRV doesn't have that huge blue sticker on the driver's window that says "SHOW ME THIS CAR" with the QR code that also screams rental car. There is of course the little barcode sticker on the windshield but not as prominent as the other National cars I've had where it's a double vertical barcode sticker on both sides of the windshield.

It's funny since I've been in HNL that I usually look for these stickers on the windshield to tell if it's a rental or not. And as expected a majority of the car in my hotel parking garage is a rental

Originally Posted by chowfun27
Any reason I should reserve a PCAR vs FCAR if I'm going to be using EA/ES aisles anyways? About $50 difference
Depending on the date, if you want a PCAR probably should reserve it. That Accord Sport was classified as a PCAR that I got couple days ago (which some feel an Accord should not be a PCAR...save for maybe the top line V6 trim with leather). There are plenty of FCARs. In my 3 times over there in last 2 weeks, I think I only saw a Maxima once (which is a PCAR). But I'll also defer to others who may know the specific CAR category better for National

From the agents at the HNL location, they say Thursday and Fridays are when more cars are available.

Generally holidays and weekend (sat-sun) are gonna be a bit more tight in cars.

Last edited by ginmqi; Sep 7, 2017 at 1:16 pm