FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help: Best International Carry-On ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:25 pm
syvjeff

X2 on the Red Oxx Sky Train

Originally Posted by Skywalker505
I would add the Red Oxx Sky Train and the Safari Beanos PR5 duffel to your list, as well as the forthcoming Goruck GR3. A fully packed Tom Bihn Brain Bag bulges in the middle and makes one look like a turtle. Both the 30L and 45L Aeronaut are top flight bags.

To the OP: I never check bags and never use any bag that has wheels or a telescoping handle, both of which reduce packable volume and add needless weight.
I'm going to second the Sky Train as I have done 10+ domestic/European trips using mine as either a 1 or 2 bag option. In fact I leave for a 9 day business trip next Sunday with Sky Train holding majority of clothing and a Rick Steve's backpack for the smaller clothing items with laptop/bose headphones/iPad/cables. In my case I wear button down shirts/nicer pants and don't need suit coats or ties. Packing cubes are my friends.

I am a big Red Oxx fan and chose buying a Sky Train due to its durability. However if you are budget conscious, check out www.ricksteves.com and his luggage line.