FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Langham 1865 Program
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:22 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Just reporting on some recent member recognition experiences as Voyager member.

Cordis, Langham place Hong Kong upgraded me from a Club studio to a one-bedroom-suite which price wise is the next room category, approx. 10% more expensive. Did not receive my "welcome gift" or any other special in-room amenities but did get a late check-out.

The Langham, Hong Kong. I was booked in the lowest room category ("Superior Courtyard View Room" ) and was offered "as a personal favour" to upgrade to club access for "only 950HKD + taxes" (I couldn't hear if there was a room category upgrade included in the offer or not). I declined the offer.

Was then "as our valuable voyager member" offered a late check-out of 6pm and declined as I didn't need it. Was in the end told I had been "given a room on a higher floor", probably a "Superior City View Room", which is an identically sized room but price wise the next higher room category, approx 3% more expensive comparing the rack rates.
The check-in agent in the Langham was clearly acting from a script, ie seemed to be instructed to read different offers depending on my answers. It felt quite robotic.
Welcome gift, water and fruits were in the room upon arrival.