FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone visited/dined at these wineries in Mendoza?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:08 am
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
Thanks Gaucho100K. I knew you would have insights.

My primary interest in visiting Monteviejo is that the food is now prepared by Nadia Heron (previously of Nadia O.F.)... several of us met at her previous restaurant so it would be nice in that way. Maybe we pair it with a tasting at Cuvelier los Andes (one of my favorites) or Flechas.

They are offering to open Lagarde for a private dinner for us, though I know they normally only serve lunch.

I think what I would like is to introduce my friends to a couple of well-known wineries, and balance that each day with one of these lesser-known, off the grid wineries.
Marcelo and I are Friends, with that said I wouldn't overlook Monteviejo. I have had several private lunches there cooked in the hearth of the main room. The balcony/patio overlooking the vineyards is just spectacular and with a group of friends they would be impressed with the compound (perhaps you could arrange another tasting there as well)Perhaps if he is there he may break out his Guitar for a song or two.. For more information read this:

http://www.blackdresstraveler.com/20...o-mendoza.html

While Raul Joffre may be the best dressed owner of a Winery I know , he is not involved outside of his office in BsAs. His Daughters do run the place and I'm not that impressed with the style of the Wines produced or the Winery.. (just personal taste) Its just not the type of place I would try with a group in tow. Close by is Familia Cassone and Federico would make a fun outing for your group. Just a thought.. Have fun and your blog is very nicely put together! Thanks and Happy Drinking..