FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hirsch Class Action Lawsuit: money may be due from paying taxes for "free" AA miles
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:18 am
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
(From the website FAQ) “Settlement Class Members who affirm that they reported and paid taxes on the income attributable to the receipt of the AA miles set forth in his or her AA Miles Form 1099 will be eligible to receive a settlement award calculated by multiplying up to 70% of the reported income by the Settlement Class Member’s applicable federal tax rate, subject to adjustment based on the amount of claims submitted. For example, if a Settlement Class Member’s federal tax rate was 35% and the amount of income attributable to receipt of AA Miles on his/her AA Miles Form 1099 was $1,000, his/her Settlement Award would be up to $245. Settlement Class Members who do not affirm that they reported and paid taxes on the income attributable to the receipt of the AA miles will be eligible to receive a settlement award of up to $40.”
I just filed a claim online. I affirmed that I reported and paid taxes. The claim submission did not require a copy of my 1099. Does anyone know how the amount of someone’s 1099 is determined? Many people will no longer have copies. Is it part of the settlement for Citibank to provide that information?