FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No fares available - guidance requested
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:45 am
Michael D

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by BasedinCLE
Hello all - I'm sure the nature of this question has been discussed ad nauseam, but I've not been able to find a thread to put my question in after searching for 15 minutes. Anyway...

I booked the flight CLE-EWR-BHX / LHR-IAD-CLE in business. I need to book the same itinerary for another person; however, Concur and United.com are showing no business fares available for the CLE-EWR-BHX segment. I'm only given the option of economy (U). In expert mode, there are business class inventory buckets available - see below. For the one flight I was able to purchase, I'm in Y for the CLE-EWR segment and D for the EWR-BHX segment. The first segment is on a RJ145 while the second segment is on a B752.

I know expert mode is not 100% indicative of seats available for purchase, but can I assume that a seat will open up? While I have the ability to change my flight, it will result in a very long layover at EWR - which I would like to avoid.

Am I reading expert mode inventory buckets incorrectly? Is there some other way I can structure my search to get the business class seat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Call United and tell them you are unable to book your flight online. ???
If there is ask them to waive it as you cannot book it online.