FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:19 pm
Hotel Points Guy

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Explorist Club Lounge Question

I'm a Discoverist who has a Hyatt credit card, and I'm seriously considering shifting 10 stays from Hilton to Hyatt in light of the current offer. I have also read the WOH terms and conditions, which states the following regarding Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards:

Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access...

I do not see any requirement to first earn a particular number of nights or base points before being awarded the 4 Explorist Club Lounge Awards. (Unlike the Globalist Suite Upgrade Awards, which do require you to first earn Globalist status based on qualifying nights or base points.)

My Question Is: Am I correct in assuming that if I stay 10 nights with Hyatt under the current promo, then I will be awarded Explorist status with 4 Club Lounge Awards?. I believe this is correct, but I wanted to run this by the collective wisdom of all you super sharp Flyer Talkers