FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points plus cash - technical problem
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:24 pm
Dadofsix

Originally Posted by Donna49
Tried to book different hotels on different days, using points and cash, but the option never became available on the website, as it has in the past.

Just called, and the agent says there is a known technical issue with points and cash, and they are working on it. But for now, that rate is not available.
Okay, time for me to vent a little bit. Why Choice thinks there's no need to communicate the current status of their Points + Cash program to their members is beyond me. It's been gone for over 3 months now with no proactive explanation.

Anyway, a few more recent things are "bugging" me too -- all of these are points related:
1) I can no longer see the points price requirement for a particular hotel when I pull up a hotel overview. This used to be there, I think for all properties, with the "new" website. I'm not sure if this is another website defect or what else it could be.
2) Issue #1 caused me to buy 2k points to top off my account for an upcoming redemption, only to realize now that I actually needed 4k points (originally my stay date was slightly outside of my booking window, so I was basing the points price on an earlier date but the same day of the week -- OR possibly they just snuck in a devaluation on this property, which I guess wouldn't surprise me either). Choice currently has a 40% bonus points buy promo going on, had I known this earlier I might've purchased more points since there is a 5k minimum to get the 40% bonus.
3) When my daughter (non-Elite) was purchasing points the other day to top off her account for an upcoming redemption, for some reason the rate was $13.40 instead of $11.00 per 1,000. For me (Platinum Elite), it was still $11 per 1,000 and I'm quite certain this was the price for me before I became an Elite member. Now with the 40% bonus promo going on, somehow it's back to $11 per 1,000 for non-Elites (even before hitting the 40% bonus at the 5k points level). We were both a bit puzzled by this, thankfully she held off the other day and didn't purchase at that time and saved a few bucks. I'm not sure if this is another website defect or what else it could be.

Anyone else notice issue #1 or #3 above? Just curious. Thanks in advance.