FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standby List Names Got Delta One Seats
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:14 pm
ChiefNWA

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yohanson
What happens if a Delta employee is on a paid coach ticket and there is room in D1? Will they get upgraded?
If on a full are/mileage ticket the no, they will not be upgraded, not even to Comfort+ without purchasing it. Treated just like a normal passenger in that case.

Originally Posted by minnyfly
8 non-revs on any D1 route isn't unusual. Sometimes there's more. Sometimes there's less. Sometimes there's not enough non-revs to fill the D1 cabin. All depends on the loads for that day.
8 is actually pretty low. I've been on lists of 60+ on multiple occasions. International flights I'd say the average is about 15. I was recently on the 747 DTW-AMS with about 25 open in J and roughly 40 people on the list.

Would have to think that would very uncommon as it doesn't make much sense to buy a ticket as an employee. But if they do they are treated like a normal passenger.
Quite a bit of my flying is paid. Flights are packed full these days so just buying a ticket, especially considering how cheap some flights are now, is the better option.