FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:03 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Try checking over the past three months. A time period over which World of Hyatt was fully active.

I await your confirmation of the results.
I'd argue last three months is not very meaningful of a period. Year to date covers the current requalification period accurately. People who decided to bail will probably have left to start somewhere else at the beginning of the year.

But if you want to do a comparison over the period that WoH was in full effect, why 3 months? It started six months ago, on March 1. How's the comparison for that?

Ultimately it is probably only reasonable to do comparisons over a longer period of time (years). Lots of other factors in play. Uncertainty about MR/SPG for example. And factors completely unrelated to loyalty programs. Just look at the last earnings call and the amount of discussion WoH got.

Maybe Hyatt will provide some insights next year at their investor day. I recall reading through a presentation from a few years ago that had some numbers that were more interesting than the stock price.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Aug 29, 2017 at 9:11 pm