FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:25 pm
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by nhwiki

I have not been at a HP or HH, and never intend to stay at one again. But I've hit a few Courtyards and Fairmonts that were decent, and they offer a lot more value for my $. I've been a steady 12- 15K/year+ hyatt "loyalist," but this year, I'm down to less than 2k, and by next year it will be under 1k. I don't imagine our stay and spending patterns are all that unusual for many former diamonds using mostly our own money. Good luck getting us back - for us, this offer means less than nothing, except that it's funny.
You never stayed at HP and HH, OR do you never intend to stay -again-. ??

Anyways, I was a free agent until just last year and I never found a Fairmount worth its salt and I always though Courtyards were decent enough with cheap weakend rates but their week-day rates were outrageous. HP and HH are a big reason that drew me into the Hyatt brand because most always I found them much more comfortable for a marginal price difference (like 20$ a night or less) over the HolidayInns/LaQuintas (etc) which were so unreliable in terms of quality and service (and all too often, quite bad).

Regardless, if you are done with WoH because the 25 stay to get diamond doesn't work anymore, then all the best wishes to you. WoH has plenty to criticize, as do all programs, but for someone like me with only 6-7 stays but 30-40 nights a year, WoH gives me so much more at Explorist than any other program out there at my kinds/levels of stays (I could maybe stretch to make Hilton gold which has good benefits too, but I have had too many bad stays at Hampton INns and doubletrees that I grimace at the thought of staying at them over HH and HPs). The bellyaching about how 25 stay diamonds lose over their ease of getting top status and generous 'welcome gifts' are just ridiculously whiny to me. I will enjoy my Globalist status as a result of this promotion next year, but at least I will still have 35 actual paid nights getting there and not just 25 nights/25 stays like so many bellyaching previous-diamonds were getting for so long.