FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National vs Hertz vs Avis recent comparison
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:30 pm
Closingracer

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Thanks for the insights folks. I just checked my National free rental day balance and noticed 2 days expire end of this December, I was not aware of that.

I do notice that the Exec Elite aisle of cars are usually slightly better than the normal Exec aisle. In many places that can mean a Chrysler 300S or if you are into it, a F-150 or Dodge Ram pickup. I also see the occasional Dodge Challenger in the EE aisle or Camaro/Mustang.

I think I will stick with National for now and I just enrolled in the 1-2 Free promo so that will be nice as well. Usually, I don't like expiration dates but I have had excellent service from National so no reason to change at this point.

Originally, about 2-3 years ago I moved off of Avis because they were so far behind on their loyalty program and ability to integrate earning points. I think they have caught up now but I'll stick with National until there is some compelling service or loyalty program reason to change.

Meh avis is generally more expensive than national in terms of rates and the points are crap for me. Takes around 1,000 points for a free day on a full size and I'm preferred plus. Plus haven't got am upgrade as a plus vs regular which I actually got upgraded all the time lol.