FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Basic Economy - Discussion, Q&A, ... {Archive}
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:04 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fly18725
Well, your description of your seatmate's claims do not align with the travel policies provided to Concur. Someone is spinning a story, and it ain't Concur.
Aren't the business rules Concur uses more-or-less customized on a company-by-company basis to company travel policy rather than the other way around (e.g. companies don't shape their travel policy/ies to Concur, they shape Concur to their travel policy?)

I don't interact with Concur on a regular basis because quite frankly we're too small for it, but a NGO charity client does [arrangement: our services and indirect expenses are donated/free, they're responsible for travel and any other direct expenses], and IIRC, their policy in Concur is, essentially, "anything is fair game as long as it's within $300 of the 'lowest logical fare'" but I can see other companies/nonprofits being more conservative/stingy.

Meanwhile I'm thankful that I'm in the position to set our travel policy and N-class has been explicitly prohibited at any expense (non-refundable/penalty fares have always been discouraged, though, for operational reasons, so it wasn't that big of a jump)