FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do Hilton Golds still get upgrades?
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:49 am
acarney

I'm kinda hoping of just being upgraded to a corner room or Universal Studios view... I don't care about either enough to pay the extra nightly cost, but it would be nice to get them for free. I hit the ground running pretty hard and don't stop, so I'm not really hanging out in the room. I figure I'm doing two days at Disney again (yes I know it's a drive but I hate shuffling from hotel to hotel and I really would only "suffer" that if I could snag a Disney hotel... but the $350+/night rates are just too damn much) and a Universal Studios and Halloween Horror Nights visit. So Disney days I'm not back to the hotel until ~10 or 11pm and up at like 7am to head to Disney. Universal Studios will be a ~8:30am till almost 2am day, so again not much hotel time.... still, having a nice view to wake up to is nice

My "normal stay" (last two years I've basically done the same trip) is over at the Universal Sheraton, usually club level since it's a super convenient quick morning bite, but they're still doing huge remodeling there this year so I'm thinking it's better to book something else, hence the shifting focus to the Hilton this year.