FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:23 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by nk15
What times does the buffet disappear, what are the food options at midnight?
Originally Posted by Grace B
As far as I am aware, there is no buffet as such, it's all waiter service.
Originally Posted by theox
Grace B
Gone are they days i'm afraid - its all buffet self serve now! The waiter service disappeared some while back!
Actually, IME it's somewhere in the middle. As with most things QR and HIA, there are lots of staff standing around hoping for the opportunity to be of assistance. I am a regular at the Al Mourjan buffet; I quite like the food.

I find that the staff will proactively come over to your table to offer drinks, including the regular cold alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks as well as coffee/tea/espresso/etc. With regard to food, they're happy to help. For personal reasons, I sometimes prefer not to carry food from the buffet, and ask for assistance from the staff. They're only too happy to take something from me and carry it to my table. Additionally, when I'm at the table and want something, they are always willing to get it from the buffet for me with a smile.

So there's no traditional wait service where you are given a menu and tell the staff person your order. On the other hand, you will find lots of staff happy to assist with a smile.