FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'If We Have to Crash Land, Please Leave Your Bags'
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:44 am
SvenAge

Originally Posted by nallison
A long way of saying you are different to other people but somehow better. Your last paragraph is nonsense, as medical evidence shows. You may as well say, 'people can control the extent to which cancer affects them if they just know how'. Incredible how ignorant about the mind we still are.
Let me put this a different way as you have not understood what I meant.
A friend of mine has a headache. He keeps complaining about it. I offer him paracetomol but he refuses (by his admission for no reason) and spends the rest of the car trip complaining and screaming his head off. Due to his hostility, the driver nearly crashes.

The two points:

- the driver should be able to control his mood such that the behaviour of my friend does not make driving unsafe.
- the individual if he took the medication would not be suffering.

I'm always sceptical of people who make random references to cancer in order to win an argument.

The point I made was simple - people can change the way they are affected by situations if they manage to put past experiences away and move out of a period of anxiety. The fact that you think I'm superior is neither here nor there - I have lived through extreme anxiety and come out the end of it without issues I once had. My view is that people should not be held ransom by it - clearly your opinion is different - you feel people should be victim to the inner tensions. Rather than people address their issues, you feel that other people in society should walk around them with egg shells. Ok, fine.