FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Trusted Travelers Can Now Use Arrivals SmartGate in Australia
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:44 pm
Daniel-SYD

Programs: UA 1MM GS
Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
@Daniel-SYD - Is there a particular reason you suggested that people write to Matt Thistlethwaite?

He appears not to have ever held a ministerial or committee appointment with authority over Global Entry consideration, had only minor and nominal involvement with air transport infrastructure, and his party is out of power.

It seems like it would be more effective if Australians on this board wrote to their own MP and their own Senators -- the ones who represent the electorate (a.k.a. district / riding / constituency) and the state in which they live.
haha - actually he is my MP but I also thought he held the shadow immigration role, or at least did when I started the process. It can't hurt - his office did speak to me at length about it which was really nice, and they can always raise issues on our behalf.

I also got another response a few weeks ago from a travel policy. I got the same lame response that it is still under consideration as pasted above also - they promised a decision by July last time, so looks like no progress, or backwards progress.

Meanwhile these lines are killing me.