Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

US Trusted Travelers Can Now Use Arrivals SmartGate in Australia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Trusted Travelers Can Now Use Arrivals SmartGate in Australia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by iamflyer
Global Entry status is now irrelevant to SmartGate eligibility
can ge help at security lines in au airports like tsa precheck in us?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
can ge help at security lines in au airports like tsa precheck in us?
We don't have any equivalent of PreCheck in Australia
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by jozdemir
We don't have any equivalent of PreCheck in Australia
Line in Melbourne were awful, thought about showing the GE card and asking to go through the fast lane, I guess that was for business/first and flight crew
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:10 pm

Line in Melbourne were awful, thought about showing the GE card and asking to go through the fast lane, I guess that was for business/first and flight crew
Correct, doubt they would've known what the GE card was.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:57 am

If you want to use the 'fast line', have you considered applying for the APEC Business Travel Card?

It lets you use the crew and diplomat lanes (assuming some sort of business visa/purpose of travel -- although that's not always enforced at all airports).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...riences-q.html

@JMSync, @jozdemir
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
If you want to use the 'fast line', have you considered applying for the APEC Business Travel Card?

It lets you use the crew and diplomat lanes (assuming some sort of business visa/purpose of travel -- although that's not always enforced at all airports).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...riences-q.html

@JMSync, @jozdemir
Little harder to get in Australia, you have to prove legitimate business reasons for an APEC card, whereas I believe it's fairly straightforward to get from the US.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
That is ABTC but you “need” to be a bona fide business person to qualify. But you are potentially asking for extra scrutiny by Australian immigration trying to using ABTC on a student visa as those represents different reasons for coming to Australia.

GE gets you nothing in Australia.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:59 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

The subject of this thread is the use of the SmartGate by US Global Entry members arriving in Australia.

Now that it has been established that only bona fide business persons are eligible for the ABTC program, please let's get back on topic. You are welcome to discuss the ABTC program in the existing ABTC threads or, if appropriate, start new ones.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
You'd need either the ABTC for that, or an ExpressPath arrivals card given to you by the airline (it can also be printed on your ticket).

GE now officially gets you nothing in Australia/NZ.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kyanar
You'd need either the ABTC for that, or an ExpressPath arrivals card given to you by the airline (it can also be printed on your ticket).

GE now officially gets you nothing in Australia/NZ.
I believe GE gets a dedicated lane in NZ.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
.... I was in New Zealand, did not notice it. Did not check.

Anything in Thailand or Cambodia?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by seawolf
Nope. You just use the SmartGate like everyone else. And they no longer require GE enrolment to use SmartGate.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:14 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by TWA884
Folks,

The subject of this thread is the use of the SmartGate by US Global Entry members arriving in Australia.

Now that it has been established that only bona fide business persons are eligible for the ABTC program, please let's get back on topic. You are welcome to discuss the ABTC program in the existing ABTC threads or, if appropriate, start new ones.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Questions and comments about New Zealand, Thailand or Cambodia are off topic! You are welcome to start new threads to discuss those subjects.

Any future off topic messages will be summarily deleted without further notice.

TWA884

Edited to add: Since GE, NEXUS or SENTRI enrollment is no longer required for US citizens to use the Arrival SmartGate in Australia, it is time to close this thread.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 19, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.