FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:12 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by R2
IMO it's more of a quality issue than than quantity as you well demonstrated in your report on CPH-HEL-CPH flights.
Yes, you are right. What I meant is that in this context, they could move to a snack-meal with the motivation that 95% of customers are not needing nor wanting a dinner meal, as they already ate something in the departure lounge, then again in the HEL lounge and then again 2 times on the longhaul.

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
This is perfectly fine if they decide to go this way. However, then they shouldn't advertise their business class product with words such as "extreme comfort" and "top-class service". "Delicious high-quality meal" is far from reality and doesn't correspond to the premium prices they charge.

Who would accept a microwave meal in an expensive restaurant that market itself as a luxurious experience?

Exactly.
You are absolutely right. I often talk about what happens to a brand when marketing is exaggerated. At some point customers will see through it and start to mistrust the entire brand.
"If this is what they call a 'luxurious meal', then I can easily figure out how to read 'punctual', 'safe' and all other keywords they are trying to associate with the brand"