FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cant Book a minimum stay hotel with combo of points and anniversary nights anymore?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:40 pm
ddavid1101

Cant Book a minimum stay hotel with combo of points and anniversary nights anymore?

All,

We booked Andaz Maui last year with their 7 night minimum at the time with a combination of points and the 2 free nights from Chase CC. The agent was willing to help and never at any point did it feel or seem like an one time exception.

A year later, we want to book Hill Country near San Antonio which looks like requires a 3 night stay minimum for labour day weekend (can book friday only, but cant book sat/sun individually).

Called up Hyatt, they say they cant do those exceptions anymore even though I can book the the full 3 nights on points, but rather use up and sub the 2 annual free nights from my wife and I's Chase Hyatt cards.

I was told by a supervisor's supervisor that since the World Of Hyatt came into place, this was no longer an option. She said that in order for me to use those certs, the individual days, needs to be available and can not sub within a full booking to be partially paid by points/certs.

Anyone have the experience with this post WOH? Is this the new policy or just hang up and call again scenario? Thoughts?