Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Cant Book a minimum stay hotel with combo of points and anniversary nights anymore?

Cant Book a minimum stay hotel with combo of points and anniversary nights anymore?

Old Aug 23, 17, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

All,

We booked Andaz Maui last year with their 7 night minimum at the time with a combination of points and the 2 free nights from Chase CC. The agent was willing to help and never at any point did it feel or seem like an one time exception.

A year later, we want to book Hill Country near San Antonio which looks like requires a 3 night stay minimum for labour day weekend (can book friday only, but cant book sat/sun individually).

Called up Hyatt, they say they cant do those exceptions anymore even though I can book the the full 3 nights on points, but rather use up and sub the 2 annual free nights from my wife and I's Chase Hyatt cards.

I was told by a supervisor's supervisor that since the World Of Hyatt came into place, this was no longer an option. She said that in order for me to use those certs, the individual days, needs to be available and can not sub within a full booking to be partially paid by points/certs.

Anyone have the experience with this post WOH? Is this the new policy or just hang up and call again scenario? Thoughts?
Old Aug 23, 17, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by ddavid1101 View Post
All,

We booked Andaz Maui last year with their 7 night minimum at the time with a combination of points and the 2 free nights from Chase CC. The agent was willing to help and never at any point did it feel or seem like an one time exception.

A year later, we want to book Hill Country near San Antonio which looks like requires a 3 night stay minimum for labour day weekend (can book friday only, but cant book sat/sun individually).

Called up Hyatt, they say they cant do those exceptions anymore even though I can book the the full 3 nights on points, but rather use up and sub the 2 annual free nights from my wife and I's Chase Hyatt cards.

I was told by a supervisor's supervisor that since the World Of Hyatt came into place, this was no longer an option. She said that in order for me to use those certs, the individual days, needs to be available and can not sub within a full booking to be partially paid by points/certs.

Anyone have the experience with this post WOH? Is this the new policy or just hang up and call again scenario? Thoughts?
This same problem happened to me with the Hyatt Ziva in Cancun. The hotel has a five night minimum stay during the week that i want. I could not book the 7 night stay using 4 free night certs and 3 additional mights using points. Even though the free night certs do not have blackout dates, WoH hotels can use this method to deny free night certs during certain time of the year.
Old Dec 7, 17, 10:01 pm

@ddavid1101, I'm having the same problem as you. Did you have any success getting around this issue of using certificates during a minimum night stay period? I'm looking at a place with a three night requirement and want to use two certificates for nights one and two and points for the third. I spoke with a rep and a supervisor and was denied. I asked about having the certificates converted to points, but they would not do that. Any ideas?
Old Dec 8, 17, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Option 1: Call the property and ask them to override the block. I've had luck with this before.

Option 2: if you have enough points, book the minimum stay on points. Then call and have those nights converted to your free certs. I've done that before, too!
Old Dec 8, 17, 7:20 am
Original Poster

I had to just use points and or certs but not both for the minimum. Seems to be something they are fully enforcing at least over phone this year. I did the split last year for Andaz Maui and was with their in-house reservation desk. Not sure if I could replicate that anymore.
Old Dec 8, 17, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by orca1114 View Post
Option 2: if you have enough points, book the minimum stay on points. Then call and have those nights converted to your free certs. I've done that before, too!
This no longer works for nights that have a minimum night restriction in place. The night you want to use the cert for must be available to book as a stand alone night. Tried with probably 20+ agents and couldn’t get it to work. Used to be able do it without issue
Old Dec 9, 17, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by pdrickey View Post

This no longer works for nights that have a minimum night restriction in place. The night you want to use the cert for must be available to book as a stand alone night. Tried with probably 20+ agents and couldn’t get it to work. Used to be able do it without issue
Sorry to hear this. Boy, WOH really has done a number on HGP, which despite IT issues, was still a classy program.
Old Dec 9, 17, 9:44 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orca1114 View Post
Option 1: Call the property and ask them to override the block. I've had luck with this before.

I tried option 2 with my Globalist Personal Concierge that I just had assigned to me and they told me that they contacted the hotel and that the hotel wouldn't do it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: