FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bagging row 5 in First (747) - issue selecting seats... & 747 age question
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:27 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Thomathy
I hereby bite the bait and ask the question: what's the catch with a 2-year-old and their gender — is it like pensions, with a different age limit depending on the gender of the passenger? Why is it particularly relevant when the infant is a boy?
Well I don't know what they put into Rusks these days (or Weetabix in the case of 14 year old rugby players that tower over me when I occasionally have to referee them) but the cots on the bassinets aren't overly generous size wise, and by the time a well nourished 2 year old lad gets into one it can look a bit of a tight fit and one wonders for the overall stability of the contraption. A one year old girl on the other hand would fit in nicely. I think the view of many cabin crew is that 2 year old boys are often too big.