FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Predeparture Drinks / Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not? (consolidated)
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:39 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by tacostuff
I recently flew PHX-LAS in F and the FA refused to give me a beer as a PDB. Do I recall seeing something a while back that there was a lawsuit against the airlines for overserving a passenger who ended up killing someone and as a result, they no longer serve alcohol on the ground in PHX? Or is it more likely that the FA was just lazy?

And, before anyone makes an incorrect assumption, it was not because I was visibly intoxicated since I had nothing to drink beforehand (and she served me a beer later once we were in the air).
My last flight out of PHX the excellent FA (Nancy W.) provided any kind of existing PDB - beer, alcohol, non-alcohol, etc. as was available in the cabin stock. (She also offered to mix a number of drinks within the possibilities of available stock on board once we were in the air, and prior to landing served a special mixed drink to all who rook it from a tray with a smoking decorated glass with dry ice.)

So, no, there's no prohibition preventing a FA serving alcoholic drinks as PDB. There may still be a few airports where this is prohibited by state or local "blue laws", but PHX is not one of them.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 22, 2017 at 9:23 pm