FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Selling Lounge Access (including Al Mourjan)!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:20 pm
DC10

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by endet
I doubt that many people are going to buy access into it. If you have a normal layover ( less then 3 hours) you can get some decent food in the normal restaurants for much less.
People might be looking into this if the layover goes somewhat over 4 hours.
But even then the can avail of the free tour and not sit in a lounge.
Paid access to lounges has been offered at many airports regardless of airlines.

Also, I might be the exception but when I am flying in C I fly for the comfort of the seat in regards to width, seat pitch, and cushion. I can do without lounge access and Schlampus. For me the beer in Y does serve well.
Few years ago I was at ZRH with my family and we where connecting to London with Swiss in Economy. It was 3 hours connections so I tought is pointless to buy lounge for 35€ per person. But in this 3 hours each of us had a coffee, glass of water and pastry. We paid 40€ for 3 person which is a bit over 10€ per person.

Last week I was at ZRH again and I went for sushi in departure hall just before security check-point and I paid for small platter and a cup of tea about 37.50€.

If lounge is offering real food and your connection is about 4 or more hours is worth to buyit. But many small airport lounges, United Clubs and Lufthansa Lounges are not worthit.

I would pay to acess Turkish Business Lounge in Istanbul or Qatar Business Lounge in Doha.