FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel to Cuba post Trump Announcement
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:25 am
VidaNaPraia

Originally Posted by Janejacob
Hi,

I traveled to Cuba a year ago with an P2P tour departing out of Miami, I had a great time, those were holidays even in the educational tour. <promotional portion removed by moderator >
I know, new regulations are crazy but with this guys we even stay at private homes, we had so much fun!
DIY trips started with the first direct flights in mid-September 2016 (this post is in August 2017), so maybe that was not yet a possibility for you.

However, it's not so much fun to pay 4 times the price of the same trip DIY. Details are currently pretty easy to arrange if you do some reading/research.

Flights to Cuba (coach) are about U$300 from the US east coast, maybe $400 from west coast. Private home stays (casa particulares) are 30/night.
Private guides are not expensive and easy to arrange. Dinners are 10 or so per person, other meals cheaper. Transportation and entrance fees are not expensive. Maybe U$1200 to 1500 per week for a solo traveler; with a companion, some expenses can be split, so less.

Where's the huge profit going?

Even if the "P2P/educational" OFAC travel category is not in play after the new guidelines, the "support for the Cuban people" may still be a possibility.