FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What changes should Delta make?
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:22 am
kop84

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I doubt anyone loves ice cream more than I do but I've never understood why some people are so adamant about having it on a plane. Your sense of taste is already diminished in the air and ice cream is usually pre-scooped into ceramic bowls and frozen to make prepping it on the plane easier. It is rock hard when it gets to your seat. Not to mention the different sauces make for quite the potential mess. But with the combination of altitude and extremely frozen ice cream you will barely be able to taste it anyway. I would prefer something like a good quality cake, tart, cheesecake, etc. Save the ice cream for a nice local establishment after you arrive.
I agree with you too..I love ice cream, but I can buy some good quality ice cream, and make a heck of a lot better Sundae at home than anything I'll get on a plane.
Give me a cheesecake or tart too...something that would require a lot of skill to make at home or a trip to a very specialty bakery or high end restaurant...that would mean a ton more to me than Ice Cream that I am virtually certain to somehow get a drop on my shirt.